ABOUT THE CLIENT
A large Australian company who is in the home building niche approached us for some help with their AdWords account. They had been advertising for many years, spending approximately $15,000 / month, with very little success.
Goals From AdWords
- Increase the number of leads and sales.
- Increase brand awareness since it is a very competitive space
Before Green Arrow
Took Over The Account
To give an idea of their little success, their average cost per lead was coming in at $1,500 and some campaigns even had a cost/lead of about $4,000!
You can see a snapshot of this below.
So, they approached us to see if we could help turn things around for them.
After We Started
Our first step was to do a complete audit of the account. This highlighted many areas that were unprofitable and also identified areas to focus on.
We also did a complete change of strategy, utilizing many different aspects of the AdWords suite – Search, Display, Analytics Remarketing, and YouTube.
Below you can see the turnaround in the account after 2 months.
This chart actually says a lot. To be clear, the blue line is the amount they are spending and the orange line is the ‘conversions’ (aka leads). So as you can see, the left portion of the graph shows they were spending a lot of money with few conversions (which we knew). Then, there was a break from AdWords (the graph flat lines) and then on the right hand side, the results once we took over.
As you can see, significantly more conversions with a reduced spend.
In fact, the new cost per lead is now at around $17 per lead – quite a difference from the $1500 cost per lead!
So, what did we do?
Here is a brief summary:
- Completely changed the sales funnel – so rather than going straight for the sale (which people are not read for), we are promoting a tool that people want and need in this space. This provides a lead generation funnel for the business that is proving very successful.
- We tightened up the search campaign by being very selective about the keywords we were bidding on.
- We implemented a funky remarketing campaign, incorporating Google Analytics behavior into the campaign – i.e. we removed everyone who ‘bounced’ from all remarketing campaigns, so we weren’t wasting money on people who were unlikely to convert (having already bounced from their first visit).
- Created Display Network campaigns using some of Google’s latest targeting features (hint: InMarket is just one of them)
- And a few other secret sauce implementations….
So, there you have it. Happy client = happy agency.
If you are interested in talking to us about AdWords Management